July is an exciting time on Cape Cod. The month kicks off with a plethora of July 4th events on Cape Cod, but the fun doesn’t stop there! With July being a big month for vacationers, there are fun activities all month long for everyone to enjoy.
July 4th Events on Cape Cod
Of course, no Fourth of July celebration would be complete without a fireworks display. Several towns on the Cape have firework displays, (on July 4th unless otherwise indicated) including:
- Mashpee – Mashpee High School ( June 23rd )
- Orleans – Rock Harbor (July 1st)
- Sandwich – Wing School (July 1st at 10pm)
- Chatham – Veterans Field (July 2nd)
- Falmouth – Falmouth Heights Beach
- Provincetown – Provincetown Harbor
- Plymouth – Plymouth Harbor
Most of the firework displays begin after dusk between 9:00 and 9:30.
Fourth of July Parades on Cape Cod
Several Cape Cod towns kick off their Fourth of July Celebrations with an Independence Day parade featuring floats, bands, and much more. Towns that have a parade on July 4th include:
- Barnstable (9 am) – Along the main street
- Chatham (9:30 am) – Along the main street
- Cotuit (11 am) – Along the main street
- Hyannis Harbor Boat Parade (2pm) Hyannis Harbor
- Hyannis Port (11 am) Mini Marathon at 9am
- Orleans (10 am) – along the main street and Locust Rd
- Sandwich (11 am) –the parade kicks off at the Wing School
- Wellfleet (9:30 am) – Main Street -begins with classic cars
Cape Cod Baseball – July 4th, 2023
The Cape Cod Baseball League is celebrating the Fourth with America’s favorite pastime! The League will hold free games across the Cape on the 4th: Brewster @ Harwich at 6:30 p.m., Cotuit @ Falmouth at 4:30 p.m., Harwich @ Brewster at 5 p.m., Yarmouth – Dennis @ Hyannis at 6 p.m., Bourne @ Wareham at 6 p.m., Chatham @ Orleans at 6:30 p.m.
Yarmouth Summer Concert Series – Begins July 3rd
Head over to Parkers River Beach in Yarmouth to enjoy live music every Monday in the month of July. Shows run from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm and feature a wide variety of bands and music genres.
The Marimba Cabaret will kick off the series on July 3rd. Bring a blanket or a chair to enjoy this free live music.
Movies Under the Stars – Wednesdays in Falmouth Village
After enjoying a delicious dinner in Falmouth, mosey over to Falmouth Public Library every Wednesday this summer, starting July 19 for an outdoor movie.
The double features will offer a family-friendly film at 6PM with something for the older crowd at 8. The movies start at dusk, and the schedule can be found on their Facebook page.
Provincetown Music Series – Sundays at 5
Provincetown has been hosting a summer music series since 1999, making it one of the longest-running concert series on the island. Most Sundays in July, you can purchase a ticket to see a wide variety of performers at the Unitarian Universalist Meeting House. July’s performances include:
- Broadway: Curtain Up! (July 16th) – Songs from Broadway musicals
- A Thousand Golden Strings (July 23rd) – Baroque music for viola de gamba, harpsichord & salterio
- The Sound of Hyannis (July 30th) – Cape Cod’s finest a cappella
Yappy Hour – Mondays in July
Dogs need entertainment too! Every Monday in July, Cape Cod Beer host a “Yappy Hour” from 4 pm to 6 pm in their beer garden in Hyannis. Your dog is required to stay on a leash and should be comfortable meeting new furry friends!
Cape Cod Hydrangea Fest – July 7th – 16th
Who doesn’t love to look at beautiful flowers? In an effort to support non-profits around the Cape, the Cape Cod Hydrangea Fest will be held across private gardens all around the Cape. Tickets cost $5 at the door, and all proceeds benefit non-profits. Check out the festival website to see which gardens they will be visiting.
July Events on Cape Cod
July is a great time to visit the Cape as there is so much to do and enjoy. In addition to the many special events going on, there are many seasonal activities available. Check out one of our favorite excursions or tours or one of the many must-dos on the Cape. With sunny days ahead, July on Cape Cod is sure to be fun!