Cape Cod, a picturesque peninsula located in Massachusetts, attracts thousands of visitors each year with its stunning beaches, charming towns, and rich history. For those “wash-ashores”, people who are new to the area or planning to move here, joining one of the newcomers clubs on Cape Cod can be an excellent way to meet new people, explore the region, and become a part of the local community.
What are Newcomers Clubs on Cape Cod
Newcomers clubs on Cape Cod are social organizations that cater to people who are new to the area or looking to expand their social circle. These clubs typically organize social events, outings, and activities that allow members to meet and socialize with other like-minded individuals.
The individual clubs welcome individuals and couples of all ages and backgrounds, and its membership includes both year-round and seasonal residents. These clubs offer a wide range of activities, including book clubs, bridge groups, hiking, kayaking, game nights, holiday parties and biking trips, and even international travel.
The clubs’ monthly social events are a wonderful way to get to know other members and explore Cape Cod’s local restaurants and venues. Many of the newcomers clubs on Cape Cod also have a philanthropic arm that supports local charities and organizations through fundraising and volunteer work.
Newcomers Clubs on Cape Cod
- Bourne Newcomers and Neighbors meets from September through May on the 2nd Tuesday of every other month. The club has been welcoming newcomers to the Bourne are for 7 years and currently has about 200 active members. The groups hosts a variety of social events and activities in the Bourne area.
- Newcomers Club of Falmouth is home to over 600 members. Anyone who has moved to Falmouth or had a life changing event in the last 5 years is welcome to join our vibrant and fun club. Newcomers have the opportunity to participate in social events and outings, programs, and over 60 ongoing activities such as hiking, kayaking, golf, card games, book clubs, etc. The club meets on the second Thursday of each month Sept through May, usually at 9:30 AM at the First Congregational Church in Falmouth.
- Barnstable Newcomers Club includes seven villages of Barnstable. You can belong to the club no matter how long you have lived in the area. It is a terrific way to meet new people. The club boasts over 200 members. The club meets every third Wednesday at 7pm at the United Methodist Church in Osterville.
- Harwich-Chatham Newcomers Club has 600 members and has been going strong since 1978. The only requirement to join the club is to be a resident of either town – Harwich or Chatham. Their men and women golf groups have started up again, and biking will resume soon. And of course many activities continue – Cornhole, Game Night, Book Clubs, Cooking, Woodworking and more
- Nauset Newcomers Group, located in Wellfleet, has members from Brewster, Eastham, Truro, Wellfleet, and Orleans but anyone can join. The club was established in 1977 and has over 1200 members. The club meets on the second Wednesday of each month at the Wellfleet Cinema. Nauset Newcomers’ membership year runs from September to May, with many group activities remaining active throughout the summer.
- Sandwich Newcomers & Neighbors Club welcomes residents of Sandwich and the surrounding towns,welcoming both new and established people from the community. They offer a variety of activities such as golf, mahjong, social parties,trips around the Cape and to Boston, and an active book club.
- Dennis/Yarmouth Newcomers Club,Inc. is a 501(c)7 nonprofit organization of over 700members.They have welcomed new and existing residents of both Dennis and Yarmouth for close to 50 years. The club offers a wide variety of special interest groups such as biking, kayaking, book clubs, dine-out, photography, pickle ball, wine groups and trail walking, to name a few. DY Newcomers has a strong community outreach program and supports local charities.
Why Join a Newcomers Club on Cape Cod?
The newcomers clubs on Cape Cod can be a terrific way to meet new people and become acquainted with the area. Here are some reasons why you might want to consider joining:
- Meet new people: Moving to a new place can be lonely, but joining a newcomers club can help you connect with people who are also new to the area. You can meet people who share your interests and hobbies, and you may even find some new friends.
- Learn about the area: Cape Cod has a rich history and culture, and a newcomers club can be a great resource for learning about the area. You can get tips on the best places to eat, shop, and explore, and you can also learn about local events and attractions.
- Get involved in the community: Joining a newcomers club can help you get involved in the local community. You can participate in volunteer activities, attend cultural events, and get to know the people who live in the area.
- Find support: Moving to a new place can be stressful, but a newcomers club can provide a support system. You can share your experiences with other members, and you can get advice and guidance on navigating life on Cape Cod.
Participating the newcomers clubs on Cape Cod can be an awesome way to make new friends, learn about the area, get involved in the community, and find support as you adjust to life in a new place.
Benefits of Joining a Newcomers Club
Joining a Cape Cod newcomer club can offer a range of benefits, including:
- Meeting new people: As a newcomer to Cape Cod, it can be challenging to make new friends and establish social connections. Joining a newcomer club provides an opportunity to meet people who share similar interests and experiences.
- Learning about the area: A newcomer club can help you learn about the local area, including the best restaurants, shops, and events. Members can also provide advice on things to do and see in Cape Cod.
- Access to resources: Many newcomer clubs offer resources and information for new residents, such as job listings, housing information, and community services.
- Participation in activities: Newcomer clubs often organize social events and activities, such as dinners, hikes, and tours. These events can provide a fun and effortless way to get to know the area and meet new people.
- Volunteer opportunities: Joining a newcomer club can also provide opportunities to get involved in the community through volunteering. This can be an awesome way to give back and make a positive impact in your new home.
Activities of a Cape Cod Newcomers Club
Newcomers clubs on Cape Cod offer a variety of activities and events for their members. Here are some examples of activities that you might find:
- Social gatherings: Many newcomers’ clubs organize social gatherings, such as cocktail parties, picnics, and potluck dinners. These events provide an opportunity for members to socialize and get to know one another.
- Cultural events: Cape Cod has a rich arts and culture scene, and many newcomers clubs organize outings to museums, galleries, concerts, and theater performances. These events provide an opportunity to explore the area’s cultural offerings and learn more about its history and traditions.
- Outdoor activities: Cape Cod is known for its natural beauty, and many newcomers’ clubs organize outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, kayaking, and beach outings. These events provide an opportunity to explore the area’s natural attractions and enjoy the outdoors.
- Volunteer activities: Many newcomers’ clubs organize volunteer activities, such as beach cleanups, food drives, and charity events. These activities provide an opportunity to give back to the community and make a positive impact.
- Educational activities: Some newcomers’ clubs organize educational activities, such as guest speaker events and workshops on topics such as local history, gardening, and cooking. These events provide an opportunity to learn new skills and expand your knowledge.
If you have just moved to the area then joining one of the many newcomers clubs on Cape Cod provides a wide range of activities and events to its members, catering to a variety of interests and hobbies. It is a fantastic way to establish yourself as a local, enjoy activities and make new friends.
Other Club Options
For those who prefer a more specialized club experience, there are also clubs catering to specific interests such as gardening, photography, and cultural exchange.
- The Cape Cod Horticultural Society is a great way for gardeners of all levels to learn and share knowledge about plants and gardening techniques.
- Cape Cod Photographic Society offers workshops, field trips, and competitions for photographers of all levels.
- Cape Cod Cultural Center provides opportunities for members to learn about and participate in cultural events and activities.
Joining one of the newcomers clubs on Cape Cod is an excellent way to make new friends, explore the area, and become a part of the local community. These clubs offer a wide range of activities and events to suit different interests and lifestyles. Whether you are a year-round resident or a seasonal visitor, joining a newcomers club can help you get the most out of your time in Cape Cod.